AAA Speeds Up Training, Speeds Up Lines, and Saves Convention Time with Zurich.
The American Anthropological Association’s (AAA) Annual Meeting of 5,000 anthropologists from around the world was lacking in a sophisticated registration process for its members. AAA utilized iWeb in netFORUM for their onsite event registration process, but found it to be very cumbersome and limiting as an in-person registration tool.
- The 21-step process made it difficult to train temporary staff.
- Slow performance caused long lines in registration, membership, and sales areas – each transaction took 10 minutes to complete.
- Dissatisfied customers were upset and frustrated to have lost valuable conference time waiting in line.
- Frustrated staff was tired of the onerous process and wanted to find efficiencies.
After hearing about Zurich at industry events, AAA worked with Gravitate Solutions to leverage the intuitive point-of-sale system for their 2013 Annual Meeting.
- Zurich was up and running after only six weeks of requirements gathering to implementation.
- Zurich synchronizes with netFORUM so all information is updated in real-time and staff had access to transactions and statistical data almost immediately.
- The cleaner user interface means faster training times for temporary staff. Convention temp staff said it was the “easiest system they’d ever used.”
- Lines disappeared at the event. Credit card payments processed quickly and easily. Zurich is loaded onto any Windows device and makes web service calls so performance was lightning fast.
- Customers and staff were extremely happy with the fast service.
You might also be interested in…
Every year the Endocrine Society hosts ENDO, a large yearly meeting with 10,000 attendees who all need to check- in, buy products and subscriptions in pop- up stores throughout the event, and apply for or update memberships. Their old system was fraught with challenges.