These are remarkable days for Zoom, the online meeting platform – daily users soared from 10 million in December 2019 to approximately 300 million in April 2020.
If your association is currently using Zoom or considering doing so, it could be that integrating Zoom with your Association Management System (such as the Salesforce Nimble AMS or NetForum platform) would deliver substantial benefits, including the ability to monetize Zoom meetings and webinars.
At Gravitate, we have built an integration and it is being used successfully by multiple clients. This integration offers associations the following benefits and features:
- Benefits of Zoom Integration
- Leverages the current best-of-breed online meeting platform to provide content and engagement with constituents, while tracking that engagement in your AMS
- Greatly reduces the manual steps to manage attendee registration and cancellations through Zoom
- Provides a seamless experience to the user when they are registering or cancelling
- Allows your association to create a revenue stream for Zoom meetings while using the AMS to process payments and transactions
- Cool Features of Integration
- Can handle both regular registrations (logged in users, such as members) and guest registrations in your AMS platform, both online and in Staff View
- If the user chooses to cancel registration via the AMS, the integration will remove the user from the meeting or webinar
- Can handle real-time or bulk registrations (staff selects which individuals or lists to add to the Zoom meeting)
- Confirmation emails can be sent from either or both platforms, as desired
- Includes genuine two-way integration – your member’s unique Zoom registration URL is stored on the registration record in the AMS without having to access Zoom
- Can extend the Zoom “admit” functionality to your AMS (such as automatically admitting members to a webinar, while requiring non-members to be selectively admitted by the meeting administrator)
How does the integration work? During the event setup, a Zoom Meeting ID and Zoom Meeting Type (Meeting or Webinar) will be added to the AMS event configuration. When a member or customer registers online through the AMS, the integration will alert Zoom indicating which event they and their guests are registering for. Zoom will then send a response back with the unique Zoom Registration URL for each registrant.
Guests can be registered through either platform. Depending on the AMS, the current configuration even allows registration of guests with or without email addresses!
If the association staff wants to control when the registration records are created in Zoom, they can use a list view to select which users to sync, which then creates the Zoom registration records and passes the unique Zoom Registration URL generated for each attendee back into your AMS.
If an organization uses the real-time integration, cancellations can also be processed real-time.
Are you Zooming? Our Zoom integration can help your organization and your members take fuller advantage of Zoom’s wildly popular functionality, appropriately capturing all the data in your AMS, and providing a seamless experience for your virtual event attendees. It will help you better track member engagement while saving steps, and with the additional possibility of monetizing Zoom events, could provide immediate ROI for your association.
Your members will be back from summer vacations soon and Gravitate can have you fully automated and ready! Contact our team of subject matter experts by messaging email@example.com for more details.