To stay relevant and provide the most value to their members, mobile-friendly web presences are a must for the associations of the future. But how do you take that next step? How can you create an intuitive, rewarding mobile experience without busting your budget? That’s where we come in.
Responsive Design to the Rescue
“Responsive Web Design (RWD) is a web development approach that creates dynamic changes to the appearance of a website, depending on the screen size and orientation of the device being used to view it.” – Nielsen Norman Group
Native applications often duplicate content and features and can be expensive to develop. Having a separate mobile site is difficult to maintain, can lead to poor user experiences, and give search engines trouble.
Adapting the layout of the normal page based on the size of the screen of the user’s device is a no brainer! And it’s become the de facto standard in mobile friendliness.
Benefits of Responsive Design:
- Responsive layouts are flexible to accommodate a variety of devices
- The same content is served from the same site, minimizing duplicate maintenance by using a shared code base
- Responsive design can be applied to your existing infrastructure (to varying degrees)
- It’s device agnostic, so your site can still look great whenever new tech hits the marketplace
- Not only is it search engine-friendly, Google now gives higher rankings to mobile-friendly sites
- It can be implemented in stages to fit your budget and timeline
For our clients using netFORUM, there are a variety of options available to utilize responsive design, depending on the version. We can help tailor a solution that best fits your needs.
We can lend our expertise with:
- mimicking the design of your main CMS while leveraging other eWeb modules
- using eWeb’s CMS module for all of your content management
- utilizing eWeb from within an inline frame
The Gravitate team has the experience, knowledge, and skills to provide a seamless customer experience for users on virtually any device.
Our Work Speaks for Itself
Old Town IT provided both excellent guidance and deliverables as ASHA made the challenging change to a fully responsive design. The end result of their work on our code was thoughtful, high quality, and 100% responsive. Equally important to us was the knowledge they transferred about updating our front end to a fully responsive interface with a netForum database. They communicated the process we should use and pitfalls to be mindful of with clarity, insight, and patience. In addition to their technical expertise and experience, they are pleasant, helpful people to work with!Rhoni R.