Zurich: Transforming the ENDO Experience
Every year the Endocrine Society hosts ENDO, a large yearly meeting with 10,000 attendees who all need to check- in, buy products and subscriptions in pop- up stores throughout the event, and apply for or update memberships. Their old system was fraught with challenges:
- It wasn’t integrated with netFORUM which meant every single purchase made at the conference had to be manually entered into netFORUM. This took 80 hours of overtime and delayed order shipping and account reconciliation by two to three weeks.
- The lack of integration with netFORUM contributed to inaccurate pricing and contact information resulting in long lines and frustrated attendees.
- It needed its own dedicated server and private network that costs around $15,000.
- New membership applications were done by hand – and frequently illegible information made follow-up difficult, but necessary.
increase in sales per attendee
dollars in savings for networking costs
hours in overtime saved
The Endocrine Society chose Zurich as their Point of Sale System. The mobile Point of Sale system allowed for transactions to happen whenever and wherever they were needed – at a moment’s notice. ENDO saw an 18% increase in sales per attendee when using Zurich as well as solving the challenges they’d experienced with their old system:
- Zurich is fully integrated with netFORUM so event registration, check-in, sales, inventory, certifications, and membership applications are all done in real-time. Staff has business intelligence at their fingertips, and attendees know about their member benefits and product shipping details immediately.
- Full netFORUM integration means no data entry errors, swift transactions, short lines, and, ultimately, more free time for meeting attendees to enjoy the conference and network.
- Zurich’s simple set-up alleviated the need to pay for a dedicated server and network, saving thousands of dollars.
- The easy to use interface is intuitive and the touch screen makes it a simple process for customers or staff to enter or change their own application, contact information, or shipping details.
Despite the [9% increase in attendees], our sales went much more smoothly than in previous years because we had Zurich…Everyone is very excited about the possibilities for future conference sales.Mike F.
You might also be interested in…
The American Anthropological Association’s (AAA) Annual Meeting of 5,000 anthropologists from around the world was lacking in a sophisticated registration process for its members. AAA utilized iWeb in netFORUM for their onsite event registration process, but found it to be very cumbersome and limiting as an in-person registration tool.