CFA’s Cyclone Integration Allows them
to Unleash the Power of Salesforce
CFA uses netFORUM as its Association Management System (AMS), but uses Salesforce as a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and sales opportunity tracking tool. Everyone from the CEO to magazine staff uses the tool. Staff needed accurate CRM data for Individuals, Organizations, Membership, and Invoices in Salesforce for sponsorships, ad placements, membership data, and relationship management and growth, but they found keeping it up-to-date was a time-consuming process.
- Multi-step checks were necessary before starting a data import.
- Data upload and syncing was a manual process requiring steps outlined in a 10 page SOP.
- Individual staff was responsible for uploading and syncing data quickly and accurately.
- Each of the four reports run through Salesforce were run individually up to daily.
- Staff was often looking at out-of-date data in Salesforce, making it difficult for them to do their jobs.
Gravitate Solutions (formerly Old Town IT) developed a solution called Cyclone that integrates Salesforce with netFORUM and allows data in the netFORUM SQL Server to be published to Salesforce in real-time. CFA saved time and money by quickly automating a manual, monotonous export/import task.
- netFORUM was established as the system of record. An automatic one way sync from netFORUM to Salesforce eliminated the need for Salesforce updates.
- Because it is an automatic process, no one has to go through the arduous and complex manual process (with 10 pages of SOPs!) to sync data.
- Additional fields for syncing can be added in as little as a few minutes, the change impact is now minimal.
- Cyclone includes health monitoring so CFA has early detection on internet or network issues.
- Cyclone integrated common data, eliminating the need to run individual reports.
- The integration provided real-time integration, meaning that staff were always looking at up–to-the-minute data.
The Salesforce integration was revolutionary. Updates are quick and it’s allowing us to unleash the power of Salesforce. It opens the door to a whole suite of world-class programs that would be expensive or impossible to integrate into our AMS. Also, now that we have our basic data within Salesforce, we can build apps that support our business process in an hour or less.Tim A.
You might also be interested in…
NATP had a variety of digital channels to market their organization, including email campaigns, SEO, Google AdWords, and other Google products. Unfortunately, they had no real way of determining how each of their channels were performing.
Siloed data and services can be a drain on your organization’s staff time and finances, not to mention the frustration it can cause your customers when engaging with you. Integrate your systems so they all work together smoothly, freeing up your valuable time to get back to that PowerPoint presentation you’ve been avoiding updating.
How do you match the perfect candidate with the ideal employer? This was the question CFP Board was asking in 2013. They had discovered a real and tangible gap between CFP Board certificants and the employers seeking qualified candidates to fill financial advisor positions.
Between magazines, books, journals, meeting notes, and other materials, AIAA has a large library of publications to sell. AIAA wanted to use a best-of-breed store front with netFORUM on the back end so they could keep all of their transactional data in one place and allow customers to purchase everything in a single transaction.