Endocrine Society Modernizes with a Fresh netFORUM Implementation
Endocrine Society was a growing organization of 15,000 members running on an outdated Association Management System (AMS) that had no ecommerce capabilities. They needed to select and implement a new AMS and a new CMS for their website. While netFORUM met most of their needs, they knew they needed an implementation partner to help them create the customized user experience they were looking for while helping them overcome the problems associated with not having an ecommerce presence:
- Lengthy membership applications, renewals, and updates to contact information for their 15,000 members needed to be hand entered into the old AMS system.
- Each hand entered listing needed to be analyzed before membership options could be offered to applicants, a time consuming process.
- All online sales needed to be downloaded and hand-keyed into the AMS system, further lengthening transaction processes. It could take up to two weeks for a membership to be processed and reflected in Endocrine Society’s other systems.
- There was no customer service portal, so members could not access their account information on their own.
line items run in two years
invoices in two years
$MILLION in revenue in two years
membership renewals processed in two years
Endocrine Society completed a fresh implementation of netFORUM in conjunction with a SiteCore CMS implementation. In order to create the customer experience that The Endocrine Society was looking for, Gravitate implemented custom eWeb forms and wizards using a netFORUM widget to iframe the pages into the SiteCore CMS. Integrations between netFORUM and other best of breed applications were created using xWeb, netFORUM’s web services layer.
- Gravitate created an online join and renew wizard in iFrames to sell memberships and subscriptions. With a few clicks of a button, users can complete their thorough application.
- The wizard collects demographic data and automatically offers applicants the appropriate membership options – all within an iFrame on the SiteCore CMS. Membership and subscriptions can then be added to the shopping cart.
- A shopping cart interface was created to manage bundled orders pulled in from various systems. Gravitate wrote custom integrations for each system to create a seamless, single sign-on, automated experience. Integrations included SiteCore CMS which allowed it to pull product data out of netFORUM for the storefront and Atypon to bring publications and content to the site.
- The single sign on (SSO) customer service portal allows members to manage their account, search for content, renew memberships and, purchase products – sometimes in other applications – without ever leaving The Endocrine Society website.
We were coming from an outdated AMS system with essentially no ecommerce capabilities. We were literally hand keying over 15,000 membership renewals, thousands of event registration, member info updates, subscription and publications sales, and more, every year. It was completely unsustainable. Gravitate’s top notch team went above and beyond to help us entirely transform the back office and ecommerce processing for The Endocrine Society. We have experienced tremendous growth over the last several years and continue to roll out new products and services with leading-edge online functionality. We simply would not have been able grow like we have without our core system so well-implemented by Gravitate.Mike F.